Most mature organizations use Identity Management Providers (IdP). These solutions provide Single Sign-On functionality for the organization's users. This includes:
- SSO - sign-on for internal apps within the organization
- Federated SSO - integration with external SaaS apps.
Using an IdP has major benefits:
- Convenience – Users don’t need to remember yet another set of usernames and passwords
- Management - Your IT team gets centralized provisioning and permissioning for access for your organization
- Security - Your IT team can easily track users, manage access, and enforce security protocols across multiple vendors
Intricately Enterprise customers can take advantage of these benefits by configuring Federated SSO for users logging in to the Intricately web application. Out of the box, Intricately supports the major SSO protocols:
- OpenID Connect: OpenID Connect is an industry standard based on OAuth 2 and is supported by identity systems like Okta, Auth0, Google G Suite, Azure Active Directory, and One Login.
- SAML 2.0: SAML is a mature, industry-standard protocol that leverages XML-based authentication.
To enable SSO for your organization, contact us to enable SSO for your Enterprise plan! Then, configure SSO according to your desired SSO protocol:
OpenID Connect (OIDC):