This article will walk you through how to create and configure the Intricately Application in your Okta IdP solution. This is the first step to getting set up with SSO for Intricately.
- Federated SSO must be enabled for your company's Enterprise plan. Contact us via email or chat to get this set up.
- You must have an active subscription with Okta.
Intricately SSO currently supports the following features:
- Service Provider (Intricately) initiated SSO - authentication initiated on the Intricately login page
- Identify Provider (Okta) initiated SSO - authentication initiated on your Okta Org
For more information on the listed features, visit the Okta Glossary.
Step 1 - Select Your SSO Protocol
- Log into your Intricately Account. Note that you must be a Team Admin or Team Owner to be able to configure SSO.
- Navigate to the user icon on the top right and select Settings from the menu.
- Click on the Single Sign-on tab.
- Select your desired protocol: OIDC.
- Once you've selected a protocol, the SSO Configuration form will update to walk you through the relevant steps.
Step 2 - Get your Intricately Team SSO ID
- Copy the Intricately Team SSO ID. This is the 8 digit alphanumeric ID shown under "INFORMATION YOUR SSO WILL NEED." This ID is unique to each team in Intricately.
- Save this ID-- it will be required in the next steps for configuration in Okta.
Step 3 - Create the Intricately Application in Okta and Configure OpenID Connect Authentication
- Log in to your Okta account as an administrator
- Click on the Admin button on the top right
- Click on the drop down link next to Developer Console above the top menu. Click on the Classic UI link.
- Under the Applications menu, click on the Applications option.
- Click the Add Application button.
- Enter "Intricately" in the search bar, and then select the Intricately application from the list.
- On the application page that appears, click Add.
- Click Done on the next page.
- On the Sign On tab on the next page, click the Edit button.
- Under Settings > Advanced Sign-On Settings, enter the Intricately Team SSO ID you saved in Step 1. Click Save to save the changes.
Step 4 - Manage Users in Okta
Use the Assignments tab to manage who can use Okta authentication to log in to Intricately. You have two options:
- Use the People option to assign individual users the ability to authenticate via Okta
- Use the Groups option to create a group of users that can be assigned the ability to authenticate via Okta
Now you've successfully configured your Okta Intricately Application!
Once the above configuration is complete, you can proceed to configuring the Federated SSO settings in Intricately. Head to our article on how to Configure Federated SSO in Intricately for a detailed set-up guide!