So how do we do it?
Step 1: Our sensor network collects a lot of data
1. The Web, Mobile, Back-end Applications a company manages
2. The Operating Environments a company manages
3. The Cloud Services each application and environment relies on
4. The Usage of each service
5. The Pricing for each service
Step 2: Discover, Measure, Monitor
• Application & Environment Discovery: We’re always on the hunt for new applications and operating environments. Companies launch these regularly and our goal is to be the first to know about them.
• Service Detection: Our traffic monitoring agents see when an application / environment starts or stops using a cloud service
• Traffic Estimation: We have developed a platform-agnostic view into mobile, web, console, and IoT traffic. When we combine our data with 3rd party audience measurement, the end result is the most complete and unbiased view into global traffic and demand.
Finally, we maintain a tight feedback loop with providers to ensure the regular tuning of our spend estimates. By establishing a consistent method for understanding spend, we are providing valuable insights and transparency into the public cloud ecosystem.